Visit TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure FAQs
- Corrected Closing Disclosures (CDs) and the 3-Business Days waiting period before consummation
- Model Forms
- Construction Loans
- Providing Loan Estimates (LEs) to Consumers
- Lender Credits
Corrected Closing Disclosures
- If there is a change to the disclosed terms after the creditor provides the initial Closing Disclosure, is the creditor required to ensure the consumer receives a corrected Closing Disclosure at least three business days before consummation?
- Is a creditor required to ensure that a consumer receives a corrected Closing Disclosure at least three business days before consummation if the APR decreases (i.e., the previously disclosed APR is overstated)?
- Does Section 109(a) of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act affect the timing for consummating a transaction if a creditor is required to provide a corrected Closing Disclosure under the TRID Rule?
- Does a creditor’s use of a model form provide a safe harbor if the model form does not reflect a TRID Rule change finalized in 2017?
- Are construction-only loans or construction-permanent loans covered by the TRID Rule?
- Are there special disclosure provisions for construction-only or construction-permanent loans under the TRID Rule?
Providing Loan Estimates (LEs) to Consumers
- When is a creditor required to provide a Loan Estimate to a consumer?
- Can creditors require consumers to provide additional information (other than the six pieces of information that constitute an application under the TRID Rule) in order to receive a Loan Estimate?
- Can creditors require consumers to submit verifying documents in order for the consumer to receive a Loan Estimate?
- Is the requirement to provide a Loan Estimate triggered if the consumer submits the six pieces of information in order to receive a pre-approval or pre-qualification letter?
- What if a creditor needs to collect additional information (other than the six pieces of information that constitute an application for purposes of the TRID Rule) or verifying documents to process a pre-approval or pre-qualification request?
- What is a lender credit for purposes of the TRID Rule?
- What is the difference between a specific lender credit and a general lender credit?
- Is a creditor required to disclose a closing cost and a related lender credit on the Loan Estimate if the creditor will absorb the cost?
- Is a creditor required to disclose a closing cost and related lender credit on the Closing Disclosure if the creditor will absorb the cost?
- How are lender credits disclosed on the Loan Estimate?
- How are lender credits disclosed on the Closing Disclosure?
- How does a creditor disclose lender credits for a loan that the creditor refers to as a "no-cost loan"?
- How does a creditor disclose lender credits if the creditor provides a credit, rebate, or reimbursement to offset specific closing costs charged to the consumer?
- How does a creditor disclose lender credits when it is offsetting a certain dollar amount of closing costs charged to the consumer without specifying which costs it is offsetting?
- Can lender credits change?