The Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie) recently bought the domain name "KnowYourOptions.com" for $50,000 from a domain name consultancy in June.
On August 3, 2010, Fannie launched KnowYourOptions.com™ for consumers to use in order to determine their options when they are behind on their mortgage payments or are facing foreclosure.
^^ Click ^^
Know Your Options Features
All options are presented to homeowners within two categories:
1. options for those who want to stay in their home. and
2. options for those who may want to leave.
For each, there's an overview, list of benefits, an explanation of how it works, and next steps.
- A Virtual Assistant to walk homeowners through key sections of the site.
- An interactive Options Finder to get homeowners to the option that might be right for their situation.
- Mortgage-Related Calculators to help homeowners know how the various options work.
- Consistent Call-to-Action on every page - homeowners are encouraged to contact their mortgage company or a housing counselor to get help.
Know Your Options Marketing Materials
Know Your Options sample letters and flyers for each option. Professionals can personalize these materials with their own contact information and use when working with homeowners.
Fannie plans to add more marketing materials in the future, such as banner ads, brochures, statement inserts and more.
Know Your Options Borrower Letters
All Options letter
Stay in My Home Options letter
Repayment Plan letter
Leave My Home Options letter
Short Sale letter
Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure letter
Know Your Options Flyers
All Options flyer
Stay in My Home Options flyer
Repayment Plan flyer
Leave My Home Options flyer
Short Sale flyer
Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure flyer
Visit Library for Issuance
Fannie Mae: KnowYourOptions.com™
Press Release 8/3/10